Intelligent technology saves energy and cuts costs
Thanks to our innovative MOCficiency technology, our customers can save substantial amounts of their energy costs every year. This also makes a major contribution to protecting the environment. The following section describes an electrotechnology application.
Project report Weidmüller Interface GmbH & Co. KG:
Project name: Energy efficiency from procurement through to process optimization
User: Weidmüller Interface GmbH & Co. KG
• Energy-efficient new building: Heat recovery for heating, ultra-efficient cooling machine, building control system
• Specification sheet for energy efficiency when requesting production equipment
• Energy management system: energy flows allocated in line with their initiator
• Optimization of machine stocks: insulation of hardening furances, energy-efficient heat treatment of bulk goods energy efficient transformers, Setting up transformer stations in the performance focus
• Optimization of legacy buildings: ultra-insulated windows, centrally controlled shade system, light domes, insulation
Energy savings per year:
9,110m000 kWh/a, or 55%
Cost savings per year:
C02 reduction per year:
The energy efficiency project at Weidmüller Interface GmbH & Co. KG is based on optimizing energy efficiency in the entire production system. This relates to both optimizing existing equipment and buildings, but also to cutting the energy required by existing machines and buildings when these are newly bought or procured. In the case of the individual machines and systems, attention is paid to achieving an optimum level of effectiveness and to possible recovery of the energy employed. The focus was on energy optimization for the transformers and the use of process heat. For the buildings, the focus was on heating, ventilation and cooling including intelligent control.
Energy consumption for the energy-optimized systems compared to systems with conventional technology: : 55%, compared to total energy consumption in 2011: 28%.